Monday, April 15, 2024

Books in Progress

 Still figuring out how to structure this blog, and due to my computer breaking (the replacement part is in the mail) have been relegated to the laptop, and had to remember how to log in to everything including blogs.  Also, I don't have access to a bunch of stuff... it's annoying.

Maybe this will be Monday's 'thing' books I'm currently reading... or not who knows.

Sorry for the lack of book covers, I'm lazy and don't want to figure out how to log into Goodreads to find images.

Audio: The Arrangement by Kiersten Modglin.  I picked it because it was short... If you enjoyed the plot twists and unlikeable characters like in Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn you might like this book... I usually do not like unlikable characters but in this case, am enjoying trying to decide who is worse, Ainlsey or Peter?  A and P are bored with their marriage and make an "arrangement" to see other people but with some rules thrown in. I'm at about 50% and have no idea where the story is going but it's definitely keeping my attention.  

Physical: The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving.  I have read two other John Irving books before and always have the same thoughts... What the hell am I reading?  I really liked The Cider House Rules but think I liked the movie better, and did not really like A Prayer for Owen Meany. This story has a bear, a nd a hotel, and hints at incest. I will finish it, because I want to know what happens but I can't exactly say at the moment that I'm enjoying the experience.  John Irving must be quite the interesting disturbed  person in real life... I kind of wish I'd chosen to read The World According to Garp instead, at least that one could be crossed off one of my "books to read before you die" lists... I will eventually read The World According to Garp but I think I'm going to wait at least 10 years.

Physical: Spaced Out by Stuart Gibbs.  I started this because I didn't want to read The Hotel New Hampshire while we were fishing... It's the second book in a trilogy, about a 12-year-old and his family who live on a colony on the moon.  I read the first book earlier this year, and enjoyed the mystery.  

Next on the reading list: The Lifeboat by Somebody Rogan, Charlotte maybe?  Physical book.

One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid (audio.)

And who knows what I'll read after that.

Happy Monday reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Friday Five

Five authors I need to try sooner rather than later: Jo Nesbo.  I see this authors books for sale everywhere (Goodwill, the library, the thr...