Monday, February 27, 2023

March 2023 To-Read List

 February's subtitle is "well that didn't go as planned."  Hoping for a more predictable March...


Graphic novel.  I liked the first one.  It's sci-fi so it would fill one of the Middle Grade March prompts: middle grade sci-fi. 



Or if I'm not in the mood for graphic novels, this one is also sci-fi and middle grade and on my bookcase. Book one of a three book series.  We own all three...



3rd Scarpetta book.  Series goals and all that stuff...


Middle Grade March prompt...a book that won an award that was not the Newberry.  Also fits my Read Your Book Shelf challenge of read a book with the next letter in the alphabet from your last month's choice (which was Ordinary Grace.)


A play.  I've heard of it, and have no idea what it's about.  Fits one of my reading goals though...



Short stories.  I'm not sure I'll read this entire thing in a month, but maybe I'll find a new favorite mystery author...


Middle Grade March: sky on the cover.  I think this is written in verse which is always fun.



Not what I was planning on reading for the Buzzword Challenge word "secret" but  found this while browsing the library, and since half my life involves buying food, planning what to cook with food, cooking food, cleaning up food... it seems like something I'd like to read and looks more interesting than the two novels I own with 'secret' in the title.


Ok... update: I previewed a little of The Secret Life of Groceries and it was way more scholarly than I was expecting.  So, I just happened to also grab this one from the library and it also has secret in the title.  So I might choose this one as it's a little lighter and not so full of footnotes...  


Middle Grade March prompt: a neurodivergent main character.  Dyslexia.  Also, my two favorite college math professors were named  Mullaly and Hunt not that I think they combined their forces and wrote a book, but the author's name caught my attention for that reason.  


Continuing my Lemony Snicket fest. There's probably a window involved in the plot, I'm guessing...  


This fills the Midde Grade March prompt of a book written in 2022.  It also would cross off the "a book with a robot or dragon" prompt in the Beat-the-Backlist challenge.  I don't have this one in my hands yet but I'm #2 on the library waiting list.

And I'm just going to keep putting it on my tbr until I finally pick it up and read it:  

It's fantasy.  It's the much loved Brandon Sanderson.  It's been on my tbr about 47 times, maybe this will be the lucky month.

Can I read 12 books in March?  Eight of them are middle grade or on the shorter side, so it's possible.  Of course that would mean a miracle happened and I actually read Mistborn... so, no.  I can pretend I will though.  

Happy March reading bookworld!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Friday Five

Five authors I need to try sooner rather than later: Jo Nesbo.  I see this authors books for sale everywhere (Goodwill, the library, the thr...