Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Writing Wednesday


Yes, that's a piano not a typewriter, I don't care.  


Writing, writing, writing, I've been writing.  I don't know if any other writers have this problem but when I get into writing mode, I can't get out of it.  You have other responsibilities Brianna, stop thinking about your damn characters!

Writing about what?  Not to jinx myself or anything but...

First POV late 19th century ha ha ha (late 80s - mid 1990s) girl and her siblings are dropped off to with their grandma for a few weeks during the summer.  Stuff happens.  

Second POV: present-ish time period, same girl returns (very unwillingly) to the same house, now in charge of her sister's children and "remembers" some stuff from the past which is why she does/is who she is now.

Not sure how to mix the two POVs, not sure I want to do past-present-past-present or even which one to start with... how to write a character who resembles herself at age 10/11 and at 40...  and am still not fixed on the character's name as usual.  I hate naming stuff especially people!   

It's not romance, although there is a dude in it, I guess there's some mystery in there (where did the kids' parents go?) lots of history repeating itself, there might be a dead body, and lots of chaos and throwing my character into her worst nightmare scenarios because according to my own children I'm a meanie-mo.  

I'm at approximately 7,000 words.

Go me, writing and stuff.  Binge writing, but writing none the less.


Update: 9000ish words.  Yay me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers--

 I have started a new blog, with a different blog service. If you are an actual human reading this and not an Asian robot, you can message m...