Friday, May 3, 2024

Favorite Friday

 My 10 favorite board games.  At the moment.  Subject to change.  In no particular order.

Love Letter-- small (a deck of cards) game where each card has a character with a "rule." You have two cards, and have to guess what cards everyone else has without revealing what you have.  Quick, fun, can play repeatedly.

Wingspan--collect birds, get stuff, get more birds.  More fun than it sounds.

Near and Far--My kids hate it for no apparent reason... story based adventure game.

Viticulture-- you own a vineyard and make wine.  Make the most wine, and win...  Mmmmm wine.

Thunder Road Vendetta-- race cars, try to knock your opponents off the board, get to the end of the race with your car still alive, win.

Isle of Cats-- kind of like Tetris but also rescuing cats.  

Fluxx--another card game.  Silly, can be 5 minutes long or an hour.  I put this on here because it's the only game one of my kids will play with me.  We own the Star Trek version.

Castles of Burgundy-- build your kingdom... We also have the app version, I prefer the actual game...

Lost Ruins of Arnak-- collect stuff to complete missions, to get more stuff, and get more stuff than anyone else.  What I like is you can always do something no matter what pieces you have.

Azul--tile drafting, abstract puzzle game.

And those are my current 10 favorite board games.  

Honorable mention, also not a board game...

Jack Box.  My kids might reject playing board games, but 3/4 of come out of hiding in their rooms to play Jackbox.  It's a computer/app/group of games (trivia, drawing or word based) that you play on your laptop/phone/i-pad together.  My favorite game is Job Job, but recently The Wheel of Enormous Proportions has been the kids' favorite... There's also one called Survive the Internet that we like.  And Murder whatever party... is hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Friday Five

Five authors I need to try sooner rather than later: Jo Nesbo.  I see this authors books for sale everywhere (Goodwill, the library, the thr...