Monday, May 27, 2024

In Honor of Memorial Day

 Summer reading potential plans 2024:

I think it's time for a reread of my favorite novel of all time, Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir... I read it in 2021 and immediately wanted to start over, but I restrained myself.  It has been long enough! 

I was reading (ok listening to...) The Stand but the audio is 48 hours long and I'd probably actually be able to finish it by September if I read it and didn't listen to it...  It is also a reread, and I said I was going to read 3 (or was it 5?) 450+ page books this year.  It's over 900 pages, does it count as two 450 page books?

Swan Song by Robert McCammon has been on my to-read list since 1993... I don't know why I haven't read it yet.  Apparently I'm in an end-of-the-world mood... and this book has been compared to The Stand, and not just because it's also really long.

I think I'm going to read The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah and why not The Grapes of Wrath as well.  Both are not rereads.  I don't know I guess I'm feeling very dustbowly for some reason... The Four Winds is 448 pages, two pages short of 450 :( 

And since four of those five books kind of resemble each other, maybe I should read another sci-fi to go with Project Hail Mary... any suggestions?  Also, if you happen to know Andy Weir could you tell him to write a new book, I've read all three and need more.  

Everything else summer reading will be mood reading, or from my spinny wheel thing.  Where will the summer reading take me?  Who knows.

Happy Memorial Day and the unofficial start of summer!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers--

 I have started a new blog, with a different blog service. If you are an actual human reading this and not an Asian robot, you can message m...