Sunday, September 3, 2023

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down: a List

 Things I am currently obsessed with:


Books about anything ocean related.  Lighthouses-check.  Shipwrecks-check.  Octopuses and whales-check.  Pirates- sort of check.  I (at the moment) really want to read Moby Dick.  I only read parts of it in high school but for some unknown reason I am devising a plan to read all of it, and other sea books.  Make the lists, collect the books, actually read them?  Who knows.  

Audiobooks.  I spent most of the year not wanting to listen to books, now I am all over the listening thing for some reason.  

Checking cookbooks out of the library.  

Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas.  Stuck in my head endlessly...  

Disasters.  Over the summer the husband was watching some show on airplane crashes and now I'm obsessed.  


Things I am over: 

Sci-fi.  I have been trying...  I read, and was super disappointed by Station Eternity by Mur Lafferty.  Then I tried rereading Cinder, and didn't finish it.  Then I picked up A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet and put it down (again.)  And now I'm listening to The Restaurant at the End of the Universe which I tried to read last year (?) and dnf'd (I am almost finished this time, still not digging it.)  I think there might be one more book in there I am forgetting that I couldn't get into. Is it me, or the books?  Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir is my favorite book ever, and I want to read more sci-fi but I'm not getting anywhere...

The school district has a new app.  So, now instead of getting an email or a phone call about something, I get an email, a text, another email (like a summary of all the emails that day) and an alert on my phone that the app has an update.  It's kind of annoying!

Stuff.  We have too much of it. 

Anyone who wants me to stop what I'm doing, to do something else.  

Summer.  Currently we're in the 70s and I'm fine with that!  Usually I love hot weather, but not this year for some reason.  

Finding an appropriate photo for blog posts no one but me will read.  Maybe I'll find one later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers--

 I have started a new blog, with a different blog service. If you are an actual human reading this and not an Asian robot, you can message m...